Tuesday, April 5, 2011

2nd Life

I first heard about "Second Life" in my Intro to Media Industries course last year.  At first, it sounded like something for people with no lives.  After all, it is called "Second Life."  After reading about it, I learned that there is a lot more to it.



"Second Life" can be used in a ton of different ways.  It seems like if it is possible in real life, you can do it in "Second Life."  There is crime in "Second Life" and even a currency.  I feel like some people are at a great risk of getting addicted to this virtual world.  I personally believe that it is a waste of time, and wouldn't want to get involved.  

While there are some positive aspects of "Second Life" (can be used for education), I believe that it is not a good substitute for real life.  People should not use it to hide from their true lives.

1 comment:

  1. This seems a bit simplistic, though. Is it really a substitute for real life, any more than Facebook is?

    ReplyDelete