Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Podcasts

I'm not personally familiar with any sort of podcasts and even after reading the chapter on podcast, I never saw myself really ever using them. The first time I was introduced to podcast was when I saw them on itunes. However, i don't even have time to watch TV let alone sit down and start downloading podcast. If I had to choose, I would much rather listen to satelite radio or just watch some TV. Podcasts can be used in a very positive way if you are a sports fan and want to check up on the scores or a game you missed. Also as Alyson posted below, free legal music is always great in the eyes of a college student. According to ipodder.org, Despite podcasting's continued existence since 2004, many people are still unaware of what podcasts are and how podcasts can be obtained and listened to. Read more: http://www.ipodder.org/whatIsPodcasting#ixzz1JLUShB1A I am a perfect example of the amount of people who are still unaware of what podcasts can do, and the positive aspects of this form of media. After this chapter in New New Media, and reading a little bit more on the above website, maybe i will try using a podcast one day...

1 comment:

  1. One way to think about it is as appealing to niche interests that are not served by more mainstream forms of media.

    ReplyDelete