Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Recording Podcasts

Podcasting...a new form of social media that iTunes came up with. To be completely honest, I don't really know of many people who use podcasts. The advantage of them is that there are so many different genres of them such as learning a new language, news stories, or sports updates. In high school, a few friends and myself created a new podcasting group. We recorded interviews with faculty and students regarding upcoming events such as athletic games or theater shows. We also incorporated top music hits of the week, advertisements for other events and clubs, and some comedic skits. It was a lot of fun to record, however, not a lot of people listened to it. Most people are occupied with homework and other curricular that they don't have time to listen to it. Not only that, but not a lot of people plug in their iPods every single night to update it. I know I don't.

3 comments:

  1. I know from my experience podcasting that we had a limited audience as well. I think a lot of the fun for us was the process of recording, figuring out how to get everything working, and just seeing it on iTunes. It was a proud moment first seeing our hard work on iTunes.

    I know that when I listen to podcasts I never
    plus in my iPod and transfer the file over. I simply listen on my computer. In that way the podcast replaces radio, and I listen while I'm surfing the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it could be fun to make a podcast (or a series), but it definitely takes dedication, both on part of the listener and the producer. If the producer gains a large following, he or she needs to make sure that he or she does not miss a broadcast and sticks to those topics which attract the audience. Without keeping the audience in mind and realizing what tactics one used to attract followers in the first place, the producer may lose the spark that allowed him or her to gain the initial audience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is true that the iPod era is coming to an end, as our cell phones take over that function.

    ReplyDelete