Monday, March 21, 2011

i Digg it

I was not familiar with the site Digg before reading Levinson’s book but found this chapter to be very informative. After visiting the site myself, I found many different stories that I was interested in and was surprised on how easily accessible they were. They are categorized into topics such as Entertainment, Science, and Sports, which made the site very easy to navigate.

In comparison to other social media sites, I would not consider this a great site to have “Friends.” The concept that one person can follow another like Twitter does not really make sense to me because I feel you should both agree to being “friends” together. While they are not true friends, I do like the idea that your “friends” have similar interests to you just as you would in real life. This keeps you connected and forces you to keep up with each other so you can find out more things going on in the world. You can keep each other updated on current events and this is a very positive part of this site. The site is always refreshing which keeps everyone informed at all times.

1 comment: