Tuesday, March 1, 2011

To tweet or not to tweet

I don't know if it's just me but it seems like Twitter has sort of skipped over our generation. The only people I hear talking about the latest tweets made on Twitter are my 11 year-old brother and various celebrities ranging from in their mid 20's to 50's. The majority of people my age, including myself, hardly even know how to use the new social networking phenomenon, let alone know what it's actual purpose is.

The basic gist that I've gathered over the past year or so is that you can compose short "tweets" about what you are doing, where you are, who you're with etc. at the present moment to other "tweeple" that are following you. An example from none other than the Twitter queen herself, Kim Kardashian:

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. What did that tweet even mean? Also, the whole @ # thing has found its way into our everyday jargon as well. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What if you're representing a consumer product and trying to understand your customer base? You could search for tweets about that product, and get a very good idea of what people think.

    ReplyDelete