Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Myspace

When I was first charged with making a Myspace, it was a request from a friend, saying that "everyone has one". My question is: How? When I tried to make a custom page, I was just a kid. And yet, there I was, trying to write web code in order to make my page look cool and unique. How was everyone writing code at that age? Looking back on it, it was pretty impressive to see how computer literate most kids were in those days.

Although now, if its possible, an even higher percentage of today's youths are well-versed in the ways if the web. Then why is Myspace effectively dead? My answer is simplicity. Facebook, Twitter, even, the new social media pretty much create themselves. All you need to do is fill in the information. Putting yourself into the page is easy, fast, and allows you to get on with your day. This, I think, was a major contributing factor to the "Myshrink".

1 comment:

  1. Excellent point, though, that MySpace helped many users to learn a little bit about html coding.

    ReplyDelete